“Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort”
Computing has revolutionized our world as we know it in the past two decades and will continue to serve as the core of all technologies in the 21st century. The Computer Science and Engineering Department was formally established in 1990 and existed as a `programme' in 1991. The Institute started the 4 year B.Tech course in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 30, now grown to 180 and M.Tech course in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 18, now grown to 36. The Ph.D. programme will start soon. The department is deeply committed to providing the highest quality of undergraduate and post graduate education and established a name for itself in the country and abroad.
The B.Tech Programme in Computer Science and Engineering offered by the Department has been accredited by NBA for the fourth time under Tier-I for three years.
NBA Expert Team visited the campus during 11-13 November 2016 and evaluated all the five Departments of ECE, EEE, CSE, Civil and Mechanical Engineering under Tier-I System.
All the five Departments have been accredited under Tier-I for the years 2016 -’17, 2017-’18 and 2018-’19 up to 30-06-2019.
The aim of the department is to provide high quality education along with training the students with all the new advancements in the computers field. The department places emphasis on all the important aspects of computers and takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world. Students have consistently excelled in the highly competitive industrial environment and made them as best employer in top-ranking companies. The success is the winning combination of a dedicated faculty that works hard at imparting quality education, a well-planned curriculum and last but not the least, our students.
Strengths of the Department:
• Student counseling will be conducted on a regular basis for each semester.
• Campus is wrapped with Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi enabled campus)
• Free Internet for students and staff staying with the campus.
• Availability of digital library resources to all the students and staff.
• Availability of recorded digital information from IITs and eminent personalities of various colleges.
• Spoken tutorials are conducting for all the students and make them to write examinations to get the digital certificate issued by IIT, Bombay. It is compulsory for all branches and scheduled in timetables.
• Guest lecturers/workshops/conferences are arranged.
• Industrial visits are encouraged.
• Students are enrolled into QEEE programs to get interaction with eminent personalities from IITs.
• CSI student branch is organizing many useful programs to improve student communication and Employability skills.
• Association activities are conducting every week to increase awareness regarding Curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• Revised curriculum for interdisciplinary knowledge exploration
• System Servicing & Networking is taken care by the CSE Department in whole campus.
• Department also does Consultancy works to several organizations.
• Department also extends its helping hands to people in the surrounding area.
• English language Laboratory with latest configuration.
• IT work shop to provide assembling and reassembling the components of computers.
• Internet with updated bandwidth is given below
|Net Links/Reliance 10 Mbps |
|BSNL 155Mbps+10 Mbps|
|Railtel 8 Mbps|
||Campus is Wrapped With Wi-Fi Including Hostels, Staff Quarters etc.
|Head of the Department
|Dr. S. MaruthuPerumal
||9848 77 2088